Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Don't Call Me Sexy

I don't like it when people call me sexy.

I hate it actually.

I find it damn annoying.

This wasn't always the case. When I was younger I thought it was a compliment. Something to be proud of. Now when I hear it all I hear is, "I think you're hot and I want to fuck you but I'll never make you my lady."

I call it 'The Bachelor' syndrome. If you've ever watched that ABC show 'The Bachelor' what you'll notice is that the guy will get the relationship down to handful of women and sometimes just the last two.

There will be the one really hot chick who he is very attracted to and likes a lot. Then there will be the other chick who is not as hot, who he likes but it's more because she's the "ideal wife" figure. She's like Susie homemaker and cute.

Invariably the hot chick NEVER gets chosen. Never. She gets close but no cigars. And she can be a great person, fun to be with, smart, all of that. But she doesn't get chosen.

Now don't get it twisted. The reason I feel this way isn't because of The Bachelor. It's just that the show does a good job of articulating how I feel.

And don't get me wrong I feel the same way when it comes to men. No matter how much I like a guy, I just don't believe that men who look like The Body and GH can make good boyfriends. Too much competition. Too many choices. And I feel like they view me the same way.

So call me cute, call me funny, call me nice...but don't call me sexy.

1 comment:

Peace!...with 2 fingers ;) said...

Alrighty then..You're a cutie. I suppose. You see, sexy is an attitude and has nothing to do with how you look. I know many women who are tough on the eyes but sexy as hell. The swagga is undeniable and you can never say no. So if you rather be called cute, pretty or even attractive then you're basing it strictly on the visual and that's the problem. Be cool:)