Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hoin' Pays

Yeah you read that right. Hoin' pays. And not only does it pay, it pays well.

Don't believe me?

Go check out Karrine "Supahead" Steffans website and check out KarrineTV and then tell me what her bankable talents are?

Or if you're interested in the white girl version of Ho's R Us go check out the Girls Next Door page and look at the lovely life of Hugh Hefner's 3 girlfriends.

Yeah they may be sleeping with an 80 year old man but you can't tell me the trade off doesn't make even the mot anti-ho of us pause and think,

"Well..maybe only for a year or two."

I'm sure I'll catch a lot of heat for this post but let's be real: while many of us sit and toil away in graduate programs, or at jobs we don't love, trying to acquire that American Dream, many women are doing better then we will EVER do by being on their backs, the pole or their knees.

And I'm sorry, you can wax poetic to me all day long and tell me how that kind of life is fraught with peril, and loss of self respect and it isn't God's way.

And to that I say...whatever.

That's just what good girls tell themselves to make them feel superior to the bad girls who are living the life they good only dream of.

Call it chicken envy. Call it my very empty bank account. Call it what you will, but I read Supahead's book and after all the strippin', hoin' and video trickin' what I came away with was: If you leave the drugs, alcohol and the truly no good men alone then you're straight. Stack your pape, get out the life, and sit pretty.

It's just that simple.

And It's just not fair.

And while I'm not one to complain about life not being fair, in this case I'm going to whine. All this education and my real asset is well, this ass of mine. Between my brains and my ass I could be sitting pretty.

But no.

That damn moralistic upbringing of mine just kills any hope of that. So instead I get to watch as various women around me make bank and I sit and try to figure out where my next payday is coming from.

All I can do is shake my head. 'Cause while I toil away trying to make a better life for myself and my daughter, the right way, there are other women who know and understand something that secretly we ALL know and understand:

Hoin' Pays.

No comments: