Thursday, April 24, 2008

Maya Angelou is Dead to Me

An Open Letter From Maya Angelou

Dear Friend:

I am writing to tell you about my friend, Hillary Clinton, and why I am standing with her in her campaign for the presidency. I know the kind of president Hillary Clinton will be because I know the person she is.

I am inspired by her courage and her honesty. She is a reliable and trustworthy person. She is someone I not only admire but one for whom I have profound affection.

Hillary does not waver in standing up for those who need a champion. She has always been a passionate protector of families. As a child, she was taught that all God’s children are equal, and as a mother, she understood that her child wasn’t safe unless all children were safe. As I wrote about Hillary recently in a praise song: “She is the prayer of every woman, and every man who longs for fair play, healthy families, good schools and a balanced economy.”

It may be easy to view Hillary Clinton through the narrow lens of those who would write her off or grind her down. Hillary sees us as we are, black and brown and white and yellow and pink and relishes our differences knowing that fundamentally we are all more alike than we are unalike. She is able to look through complexion and see community.


You can read the rest of this travesty here.

Sigh. I'm done. I'm so tired of Black folk with slave mentalities I don't know what to do. This is just ridiculous. I suppose if Clinton had called her a Nigger to her face she'd still be talking about, "She is able to look through complexion and see community."

When will Black folk learn.

6 comments:

Beauty Is Diverse said...

Great post, very true this slave mentality needs to end NOW..

Mahoganydymond™ said...

SMH... Maybe she knows her as a person, yet that doesn't mean she should be President. Hillary was cool when I didn't know much about Obama. The last few month Hillary has been to grimmy. I really don't trust her as President.

clnmike said...

Well I disagree with her, but to each their own.

Anonymous said...

Let people vote for who they want. But I hope they remember that they are giving up on the people that made them who they are. I share your feelings - she's dead to me.

Anonymous said...

Let people vote for who they want. But I hope they remember that they are giving up on the people that made them who they are. I share your feelings - she's dead to me.

Anonymous said...

*Sigh* I wish I knew. Just Damn. By the way... Welcome to my blogroll!